Friday, January 13, 2012

Share Chair

My dad and I are so much alike.  I believe I get my desire to be creative from him.  We both love to create things and we both have the same faulty wiring.  When we are creating something new and fun we both can't sleep until it's done.  My mom always told me to stop rushing through it and enjoy it.  Well, I do enjoy being crafty and creative but I also enjoy my sleep.  So, I enjoy the process but don't waste much time!  :0)

When I was about to graduate with my teachers certificate (wow!! a very long time ago) I wanted a fun and special little chair to put in my classroom.  I wanted to call it the Share Chair.  I decided I would not have Show and Tell but Show and Teach.  Each child would get one turn in the year to bring something that they could teach the whole class about.  It could be anything but they had to teach the rest of the kids.  It was so fun!  During their Show and Teach time they got to sit on the special Share Chair.  The kids loved the time to teach the class but also looked forward to sitting in the chair.

I asked my dad if he could make a cute little chair out of the horseshoes in the garage.  My dad is amazing and has some really neat things he has welded out of horse shoes.  He whipped this together and I will treasure it forever. 

I think this will be a special chair for my children that their grandpa made!! 


|





No comments:

Post a Comment