Friday, January 13, 2012

Fun for a kids room or play room

I made these cute dolls about ten years ago.  They have been in three different schools and are now in my preschool.  They hold up great!  The only thing that gets hammered is the hands and feet but the great thing about it is they are very easy and cheap to replace!!! 

Years ago they made stickers that looked like these cute dolls.  I took the stickers and put them on a over head projector.  Then I traced them on foam board.  The most difficult part was cutting it out.  I used a razor and it went a lot faster.  Then I painted the dolls with tempera paint.  The hair, arms and feet are all pipe cleaners.  (Like I said easy and cheap to replace!)  The pipe cleaner just pokes into the foam on the side.  (Some hair I glued down.) 

I painted some of the dolls specific colors.  I wanted to teach the kids colors but not just have some dumb punch out from the teachers store.  I love FUN in the classroom!!!  I think most of what I used in the classroom was things I made.  The more I love what I do, the more the kids will love learning and what we do!! 

Tip:  To hang the easiest thing is a straight pin that I place in the middle of their chin.  I tried lots of other things but one straight pin does a great job!

Hope you like!!!!









 





No comments:

Post a Comment