Monday, January 16, 2012

DIY rug for your kids

Buying a rug for your kids is expensive.  So why not cut the cost in half and do it yourself.  This way you can make the rug fit any the theme of any room.

I decorate my classroom with frogs!  Lots of frogs.  I wanted a rug with a pond.  I took a carpet remnant and regular tempera paint and spray paint.  I painted what I wanted on the rug with tempera paint.  It lasts and looks great!  I didn't have to touch it up for 7 years.  Once it faded I just reapplied the paint.  I did use spray paint on some of it to save time and arm work.  It held up just as well as the tempera and wasn't rough to touch like the tempera paint.  I would suggest using the spray paint as much as possible but the tempera is great for fine detail.  :0)   



No comments:

Post a Comment