Thursday, December 15, 2011

Quiet Book
















The bracelet clips on and off the page so she can play with it. 




























Sorry this is a long post.  I have a lot of pages.

I planned on this project taking a while but because I made 27 pages it took a lot longer than I anticipated.  I wanted a large variety.  Easy, for my daughter now and a little more difficult for later, so I made a lot more pages than planned.  I put them into two books.  A easy book and harder book.  I looked on line for different ideas and looked at tons of quiet books.  I copied the pages I liked into a word document for a reference. 

One blog recommended to figure out all the items you need and then go shopping so you don't go to the store a ton of different times.  I tried to do that.  But when I went to buy the felt I wasn't sure just how much of what I would need.  I bought about 5 of every color and about 30 white sheets.  I figured I could take back what I didn't use but didn't want to go back a ton of different times.  I'm so glad I did it that way.  I bought some cute fun buttons for detail but they are a lot more expensive so I kept it limited.

On thing I did that really helped was I put eyelets on the side where the rings would go to help reinforce the pages. 

Some of my items like the horse, football and cover are minki fabric that I had leftover from other projects.  My daughter loves texture and I thought this would be a fun extra.

There are a few extra pages I made up that I didn't see anywhere else.  The wheels on the bus page with the Sesame finger puppets is extra because my daughter LOVES Sesame street right now.  Also I made a cookie monster that you put cookies in and out of his mouth because she loves cookie monster. 

I wanted to do something creative for the shape page.  So I made a robot and I got the idea for his image from Word World.  I then made the buttons on his body the shapes and I made a pocket that opens for the shapes to go in and out of.

I also used the fabric you can put in your printer for the words and my Nemo page.  I couldn't have made the fish look that cute and it made one page much more simple! 

I am so excited to give this to my daughter for Christmas!  She saw a few of the pages as I made them and would cry until I let her see them.  I think it'll be a hit!!  :0)

1 comment:

  1. WOW...look at all that detail. amazing and super adorable. What a lucky little girl!

    ReplyDelete