Friday, December 16, 2011

Cowboy cake






So this cake didn't work out the way I had it planned.  I had decided to  make my husband (my cowboy) a cowboy cake.  I looked online at many different cakes, I combined several ideas and had it all planned in my head.  I decided I would make it at my moms home so I could have help with my baby while I made the cake.  Well, when I got there I found out I had forgot my cake pans and my frosting tips.  I was so frustrated.  So I decided I would just have to make it work but it would end up NOTHING like I had planned. 

In order to have the bottom the layer bigger than the middle pan we decided to use the the electric fry pan for the bottom layer.  I wanted a bigger square bottom.  I looked online and I read that you can bake in the pan.  IT DIDN'T WORK!!!  It took a little over two hours to cook and the bottom was burnt.  I still used this layer, I just covered it in wax paper before frosting it.  VERY FRUSTRATING!!

I made the cowboy hat out of rice crispy treats.  I was worried it would be to heavy so I cored out the middle of the hat to take off some of the weight.

The middle layer I wanted to look like a bandanna.  It didn't turn out quite what I wanted because I used one of my moms tips that was a lot larger than I wanted. 

All in all it turned out okay.  I think if I had been at home with all of my equipment it would have been closer to the image in my head.

But the middle layer that we DID eat was yummy!

Happy birthday to my husband and my best friend!  I love you so very much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment