Monday, December 19, 2011

Elf Shoe Treat For Santa


I wanted to find something fun and not to complicated for the kids to make Santa on Christmas Eve.

I also wanted to find something that fit the Christmas spirit.  This is a fun treat sure to delight Santa and his Elves! 






First I made rice crispy treats.  I'm sure there is probably an elf shoe cookie cutter out there, but rather than hunt one down I just cut it out using a paring knife. 


Next I warmed up my chocolate.  I used the white chocolate first.  Heat 30 seconds at a time in the microwave.  Stir and if not melted yet put in for another 30 seconds.  I spread the chocolate on using a butter knife.  If I were to have kids doing this I think frosting would be just as good it might be fun to have them pipe it on with a frosting tip.  All ideas will turn out great I'm sure. 


Then I moved to the red chocolate.  I spread all the chocolate on with a butter knife.  I dipped the knife in the chocolate and just took the knife in a line across the white chocolate to make the lines in the socks.  Don't put too much chocolate on the knife at this point or your lines will be huge.


Last step is the green.  While the chocolate was still wet I cut mini marshmallows in half and put them on the points. 

Simple and fun for the whole family!

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment